Gloucester Cathedral Places Nearby

Cathedral Treasury, Vestry and Library

18 m (0.011 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Cathedral treasury and cathedral library. c1100, late C12 and C14, restored in C19 and C20. Ashlar and rubble, gabled stone slate roof.

Cathedral Chapter House

21 m (0.013 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
The chapter house of the former Benedictine Priory of St Peter, now the chapter house of the Cathedral Church of the Holy and Indivisible Trinity (qv)...

Kings School Gymnasium

28 m (0.017 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Gymnasium. 1852. FS Waller for the King's School in a style modelled on late C14 work in the cathedral church.

Cathedral Cloister

34 m (0.021 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
The 14th-century cloister is a major highlight of Gloucester Cathedral. Its fan vaults are the oldest and finest in Europe, and the galleries enclose a peaceful garden...

Cloister, Gloucester

35 m (0.022 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK

Remains of Reservoir, NW Corner of Cathedral Cloister Garth

40 m (0.025 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Excavated masonry remains of a water reservoir in the north-west corner of the garth of the Cathedral Cloisters (qv). Early C13. Built in conjunction with a drain supplying water in the cloister and lavatorium of the former Abbey of St Peter.

Passage From Cathedral Cloisters to Former Monastic Infirmary

45 m (0.028 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Passage or slype; part of the former conventual buildings of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter. Early C13. Ashlar and rubble.

Church House

55 m (0.034 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Abbot's Lodging in the former Benedictine Abbey of St Peter, from c1325 the Prior's Lodging, from 1541 the Deanery of Gloucester Cathedral, and from 1941 diocesan offices, now offices, reception rooms and restaurant...

Little Cloister

56 m (0.035 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Remains of the Infirmary Cloister (Little Cloister) of the former Benedictine Abbey of St Peter; item includes the west alley of the cloister below the east side of Litte Cloister House (qv)...

Railings to School Playground on N Side of Gymnasium

64 m (0.040 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Railings between stone piers enclosing playground on the north side of the Gymnasium of the King's School (qv). 1852. The fence runs from the north-east corner of the gymnasium to the north end of the east wall of the Infirmary Passage (qv).

Little Cloister House

66 m (0.041 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Part of the conventual buildings of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter, now public school house, part of the King's School (qv). C13 with substantial C15 additions, C16 conversion to house and later alterations...

5, Millers Green

66 m (0.041 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Stable and later a washhouse, now a small house. Late C16, incorporating medieval masonry wall on south side, C18 alterations, converted to a house in C19...

3, Millers Green

68 m (0.042 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. Reputed to incorporate remains of the great kitchen of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter, built in C12; substantially remodelled in C14 and in C16 known as the Common Kitchen; converted to house in late C16, altered in early C17, and partially refitted in 1725-31 for the leaseholder, Barbara Catchmay; later minor alterations...

Dulverton House (Kings School)

68 m (0.042 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Infirmary's Lodging, now independent school house, part of the King's School. The core of the house probably the Infirmarer's Lodging attached to the Infirmary of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter, with some remains of the infirmary chapel of St Bridget; after 1540 remodelled and enlarged as the cathedral's prebendal house assigned to the prebendary of the third stall...

Numbers 6a, 6B and 6C and Attached Forecourt Walls

70 m (0.043 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House, now three flats. 1687 for Thomas Burgis, incorporating some medieval masonry walls; C18, C19 and C20 alterations. C19 roughcast on brick, end-gabled tiled roof with C20 eaves cornice replacing earlier parapet, two hipped dormers, brick gable-end stacks.

4a, Millers Green

73 m (0.045 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House. 1616; with late medieval origins substantially remodelled in C18 and in early C19, minor C20 alterations. Until late C19 Nos 4A & 4B Miller's Green were the Schoolmaster's and Usher's houses but then united as one house until sub-divided again as two houses in 1986.

Remains of Monastic Infirmary

74 m (0.046 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Remains of the former Infirmary of the Benedictine Abbey of St Peter. Early C13. In C17 the east end of the infirmary, formerly St Bridget's Chapel, demolished, and the west end incorporated in a cluster of tenements called Babylon; in 1860 the tenements removed and the surviving C13 masonry exposed and consolidated.

4b, Millers Green

76 m (0.047 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
Public house, mid C19 with early C20 interior alterations. Red brick in English Garden Wall bond, slate roof, painted brick plinth. Rectilinear plan on corner site, rounded to corner.

17, College Green

77 m (0.048 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
House, now offices. Late C1/ early C17 with C18 and late C19 alterations. Timber frame, rendered brick, end-gabled slate roof with hipped roof dormers, brick stack at rear.

Wardle House

79 m (0.049 mi) away
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, UK
A prebendal house for a residentiary canon of Gloucester Cathedral, now public school house, part of the King's School (qv); 1677-1686, C18 alterations, remodelled and extended c1800...